Our COVID-19 precaution measures
Nevada Autism Center acknowledges the unprecedented circumstances our country has found itself in regarding the Covid-19 pandemic. As of February 10, 2022, the State of Nevada has rescinded its mask mandate for most public facilities. However, masks are still required in facilities where vulnerable population may frequent, including hospitals, medical facilities, and public transportation.
Our clinic requires the use of masks by all our administration and staff, regardless of vaccination status. If you would like your child to wear a mask, please inform your child’s therapy team. Masks are otherwise required for all parents, siblings, and family members entering Nevada Autism Center.
To review Nevada Governor Sisolak’s message, please click here.
While Covid-19 is now less prevalent in our community, it is still important to monitor symptoms and follow CDC guidelines concerning exposure to or a positive test of Covid-19. We ask that you continue to monitor yourself and your family members for symptoms and take an at-home, rapid Covid test if there are any symptoms.
Symptoms of Covid-19 may present 2-14 days after exposure to the virus and may include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Look for emergency warning signs for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone
Current CDC guidelines, updated December 27, 2021, include the following:
- People who test positive for COVID-19 should isolate for 5 days and if they are asymptomatic or their symptoms are resolving (without fever for 24 hours), follow that by 5 days of wearing a mask when around others. This recommendation is regardless of vaccination status
- Individuals who were exposed to Covid-19 and are either unvaccinated or have not yet received their vaccine booster should quarantine for 5 days, regardless of if they are experiencing symptoms, or wear a well-fitting mask for a minimum of 10 days if quarantine is not possible
- Those individuals who have received their Covid-19 booster shot are not required to isolate, but should wear a well-fitting mask for a minimum of 5 days after the exposure
Nevada Autism Center – ABA therapy center in Las Vegas – recognizes the need to keep our facility exceptionally clean now more than ever. We want all our clients and families to feel at ease when dropping off their children to our center, so we have ramped up our efforts to always keep everything clean and well-sanitized. Here are just some of the ways we are working extra hard to maintain cleanliness:
- Therapists and clients wash their hands every hour- great extra practice for our kiddos to practice this important skill and ensure it is done properly!
- Therapy rooms are thoroughly cleaned after each client. Windows are wiped with appropriate cleaning solution and surfaces are wiped clean with kid-safe cleaning wipes
- Hand sanitizing stations have been installed at adult-height throughout the center, so therapists can keep both their and their client’s hands clean, no matter where they are working
- Gloves will be worn by staff for the duration of meal preparation/feeding or diaper changing
In addition, all individuals entering NAC must be masked, have their temperature taken, and verify on the sign-in sheet that they are not experiencing any symptoms of or been exposed to Covid-19.
We do not mandate vaccination for our employees or clients.
We take your health and safety concerns seriously, so if you have any questions about our current protocols, please contact us!